User can't log into Confluence after changing password

Mike November 24, 2014

Our setup is LDAP -> JIRA -> Confluence.  JIRA is using LDAP for user management and Confluence is using the JIRA User Directory. 

After a user changes their password in our company LDAP they are logged into JIRA, but they can't log into Confluence (with old or new password).  I've run the directory sync in Confluence multiple times.  It's been 4 days since the last user changed their password and they still can't get into Confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike November 24, 2014

I had the user log out of JIRA, log back in, and finally log into Confluence.  This seemed to work.

I guess the issue was they had never authenticated through JIRA with their new password, and Confluence wouldn't authenticate against the JIRA user directory until this happened.

Mike January 20, 2015

This happened again and this solution didn't seem to work. I disabled the user in Confluence and then enabled and that did the trick.

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2014

Hi Mike,

This is a strange behavior. Do the sync shows any error from confluence to JIRA? Do confluence syncs incrementally to JIRA? I recommend to try a full sync from Confluence to JIRA or try to remove the JIRA user directory and add it again (Login with a local administrator in this process).

I recommend to check if you can see any warning or error message in logs regarding the syncing.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Mike November 24, 2014

I told you wrong, the user told me they could log into JIRA but really they were still using the session from before they changed their password.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events