User and rights

Bowl'n'Fun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 17, 2018

Hi

We're having trouble giving our users rights. We want to have a group of ' Distriktchefer ' or ' administrators ' who can edit, modify, etc. So we want to have another group of ' center managers ' who can only view all content and comment on the pages.

When I add example Ulla to the administrator or Distriktchef group, she can do or see nothing when she logs in.

Can you help?

1 answer

1 vote
Deleted user September 18, 2018

Hi @Bowl'n'Fun,

Did you make sure whether the group ' Distriktchefer ' or ' administrators ' has necessary permissions for space as well? For example, if your space is "DEMO" then the group "administrators" should have permissions to add/edit the content in the DEMO space. To check or make changes navigate to space settings and take a look at the permissions.

grouppermissions.png

Thanks,

Swathi

Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2018

Hi,

Additionally – if this is the intended behaviour for most of your spaces you might also want to adapt the global defaults in <YourInstance>/admin/permissions/viewdefaultspacepermissions.action 

These are the default permissions that will be assigned when someone adds a new space.

Best,
Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events