Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Specified Landing Page before being asked to Login

Eoin Curran January 18, 2023

Hi there,

I am currently trying to use confluence to build out a community space for our customer base. However, I want to create a community landing page that can be accessed by customers prior to signing up or logging in to confluence. Meaning that if users clicked the link to the community space from our website, they would be greated with a landing page detailing what content is hosted in the site and encourage to sign up/login, as opposed to being hit with a login screen straight away. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you in advance for any help or assistance :)

Best regards

Eoin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Eoin Curran create a landing page with the content you described, then use one of these two methods.

1. Share content externally with public links.
    • Based on that documentation this feature is temporarily restricted, so you would have to have been using it already to use this method. This is the method I would use once its no longer restricted.
  2. Share your site externally with anonymous access.
    • Create a new space that will only contain your new landing page.
    • Enable anonymous access on the site level, enable anonymous access for your new space, and make sure it's disabled for all other spaces.
    • Direct your customers to your landing page which should now be anonymously accessible.
    • This isn't my preferred method as anyone with space admin permissions could mistakenly allow anonymous access to other spaces that shouldn't be public.
Eoin Curran February 2, 2023

Thanks Connor, much appreciated.

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

You're welcome @Eoin Curran :) If you're satisfied with my answer please mark it as accepted, that way others with the same/similar question will know your question was answered. 

Like Eoin Curran likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events