Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Permissions

AshleyM August 5, 2014

Hi there,

I have been using Confluence for a little while now and like to think that i understand the permissions as an admin, however i am completely stuck on this one.

The group 'Users' seems to have some kind of magical power that gives users permissions to create spaces and create pages in spaces.

The confusing part is that i cant find any permissions granted to this group for such activity.

The 'Users' group also has the "Can Use" under Global Permissions unchecked - which i would have assumed meant this group did absolutely nothing in Confluence?

I have looked through the documentation and cant find anything relating to this group either (sorry if its there and i just cant find it)

Would someone please explain this as my head hurts trying to figure it out now.

Thanks,

Ashley

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AshleyM August 5, 2014

OK, after playing around with it for a bit it seems that the "Can Use" option is just used to allow a group to be used for license allocation, nothing more than that.

Hopefully someone else will find this information useful and sorry for being a bit thick...

0 votes
AshleyM August 5, 2014

UPDATE - So it was me being slightly stupid...

It appears as though the "Create" button in the top menu shows if you have permission to create a page under a space for any space you are in, but doesnt necesarily mean you can crate a page under that space. Double dutch?

For example, i have navigated to the TEST space, which i do not have permission to create pages. But i do have permission to create pages under the DEMO space. The "Create" button will still show when i am in the TEST space, but when lcicked on will only allow me to create under the DEMO space.

I am still puzzled however by the Users group having the "Can Use" tick box unchecked, what does this mean exactly?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events