User Permissions

Anja Poredda April 24, 2023

I'm using Confluence Cloud.

I'd like to achieve, that

• People from my organization have access to the whole space. (Do I need to create them all?)
  • A certain user can only view one page and it's sub pages.
  • Moderators can view and edit everything.

How can I setup this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Once a user has access to the space, if the page is not restricted, it's default accessible. Not pretty, but one way of handling it is getting two pages, A and B, and everything else underneath them. You restrict A and assign all the content you don't want your "certain user" to see to A and its subpages. By default, B will be visible to everyone with access to the space.

Now, without knowing more details and assuming it makes sense of your use case, you could move the pages to a new space where your "certain user" has access and lock the other space with sensitive content. It is cleaner and easier to maintain.

0 votes
Anja Poredda April 24, 2023

Thanks, for the links, but they don't answer my questions.

• How can I allow all people of my organisation to see all pages, even if the have no user?
  • How can I restrict one user to only view certain pages? I didn't find a disallow to access other pages. So either I need to manually give all users access individually or I can't exclude another user, as far as I understand it.
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Anja Poredda  - You need to provide the access to the users, to have access to the confluence pages.
- You can restrict that page and provide the view or edit access to that user using the restrictions in the confluence page!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

0 votes
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Hi @Anja Poredda 

Welcome to the community!

Please follow the below links. This will help you to setup your confluence page and permissions!

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-confluence-cloud-permissions-and-restrictions/
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-space-permissions/

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders