I've been running into an issue recently with a user macro that wraps text in <span> tags. The macro is inlined in a configuration line with no spaces (.ini file style, since it's basically a .ini file..) like this:
However on the output I'm seeing an added space like this:
That extra space may break this file, does anyone know what's generating it and (more importantly) how to get rid of it?
I was having the same issue with a custom macro I built. It was adding an extra space before the text I was outputting to the page. I couldn't figure out why so I ended up fixing it with CSS and moving the text back one space to make up for the extra space it was adding
After talking with Brikit Theme Press about this issue it was discovered that due to extra white space between the header of the macro and the actual macro itself, that Confluence was injecting this extra space ahead of the macro output.
Formatting the macro to be one contiguous block of text resolved the issue.
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs