• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

User Macro and possibilities

Hello all,

I have a task. At Confluence page, there is a table. After table update, automaticly (or button pressed) create new jira issue in servicedesk project with that table values.

I was looking for solution or something similar. Confluence can't do such complex task. Found out, scriptrunner could do it, but unfortunatly, we do not have it.
Then I learned about user macros. It is looking quite promissing, but not easy at all for me.

So I want to ask, is it even possible to create such macro? Or I do not have to invest time to it.

Thank you so much for any help!
Best regards,
Filip

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic Lagger Community Leader Oct 21, 2019

Hi @Filip Gawlas 

I'm a fan of user macros! And yes, in theory it should be possible.

If I understand you correctly, you want to have a button, which creates a JIRA item with some values. 

So you need some HTML knowhow to create a button.
Then, in theory, you should get the content from the table (with javascript).
And at the end, you can make the REST CALL with your values to create the JIRA Item. 

Here is an example, how to make a new Page in confluence with a user macro. 
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-rest-api-examples/#create-a-new-page-jquery
Somewhere in the middle is an JQuery example. This you can adapt to create the REST CALL for JIRA or JIRA Servicedesk. 

If you have some good knowhow in these areas, it should be possible for you. 

At the end, I just want to say, I've never tried it, so it's all just theortic. :-) 
If you managed it, let me know how you did it! 

Regards,

Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

408 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you