Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

User Macro - Type - Confluence Content - Link to Page

Howdy, I created a user macro that can act as a navigation tile. The end user can search for a Confluence page or use a URL. 

Upon testing, a URL works, and so does a link to a page within the current space. Pages outside of the space do not seem to function.

The param:

## @param TileLink:title=Tile Link URL|type=confluence-content|desc=Link for tile|desc=Search for a Confluence page or paste the full URL path - must include http... 

The code to utilize it:

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="html" ac:schema-version="1" >
<ac:plain-text-body>
<![CDATA[<script>  

$( "#$!paramTileID" ).click(function() {

window.open("$!paramTileLink");

});
</script>]]>

</ac:plain-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>

When looking at what the TileLink param contains for other spaces it shows <spacekey>:<pagename>. Any ideas how I can link to other pages outside of the current space?

Many thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey Community Leader Aug 09, 2022

Hello @becki.marsh , I have written a lot of user macros, but have not used that parameter type. But I did find this discussion that might help you parse out what you need.

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/usage-of-param-type-confluence-content-in-macro-for-pages-with-a-semicolon-in-the-title/46679 

Thanks Bill, I'll have a read through that later and give it a whirl. 

It's a shame that the confluence-content type isn't more useful - I'll switch back to using a string :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Watch 4 Confluence apps compete for Best App Demo in September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators! Appy Hours on the Atlassian Community is a monthly event where 4 Partner and app vendor presenters go head-to-head with 5-minute demos for the title of Best App Demo. I...

564 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian Community Events