User-Macro Bug inside View-Mode but not possible to remove in Edit-Mode

Nikolaus Rieder May 11, 2018

On our Confluence Server (Version 6.6.0) there is a user-macro bug occuring, appearantly revolving around the usage of the user-macro, mentioning my name (not really proven if it's just due to my name, just happens to be the one's I've been looking at)

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like

VIEW-Mode

symbol_bug_1_1.png

EDIT-Modesymbol_bug_1_2.png

This might look rather simple to fix, but due to the fact that it disappears seemingly in edit-mode it's actually rather hard to locate.
Currently the only fix for it is to recreate the whole page, copy-/pasting the unaffected content and simply rewriting what has been affected.

This is a tedious task, as it can also mutate over the content of a whole page like so:

VIEW-Mode

symbol_bug_2_1.png

EDIT-Mode

symbol_bug_2_2.png

I've looked into the page history of the above example and found that it seemed rather normal when it first occured:

symbol_bug_2_3.png

But one Edit later something odd happened to it and it ended up looking like this:symbol_bug_2_4.png

This also occured to me when editing the user mentioned in a page property table to myself instead of the one of another:

VIEW-Mode

symbol_bug_3_1.png

EDIT-Mode

symbol_bug_3_2.png

I concluded from this that it might come from me being mentioned.

Please note the mentioning of other users, who's names have been purposefully greyed/blacked out for privacy and not having their approval of them being mentioned. So they aren't really part of the bug itself.

I'm not the server admin so I went to the support community first, but he has been notified and will open a ticket for it once he returns to the office.

In the while being I though I could post this for the community to possibly find other solutions, since I wasn't able to find any similar cases of this so far.

The screenshots were taken from Firefox 60.0 but the bug has also been viewed on the latest chrome, which makes me believe it's not browser specific, allthough I haven't done thorough testing on that matter either.

If you need any further informations, please let me know and I'll kindly provide such.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events