User Content Control

Lloyd Kinsella September 7, 2011

Is it possible to configure per-user/group what menu items and `actions` they have available?

We do not allow anonymous access for business reasons, however we do have a readonly user who's only supposed to be able to read the wiki, we do not want them to get to the dashboard or modify the user profile etc which is all currently possible through the Browse/User menus.

I've been looking at Menu Manager plugin but that seems to be applied across the board to all plugins.

Thoughts, suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2011
I believe that Theme builder now needs Adaptavist's Plugin License Manager to be installed first in order to work. (FYI: this should be a comment, but I'm on iOS, so can't due to a bug in Answers)
0 votes
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

Yeah, the Menu Manager turns stuff on and off for everyone, not specific users or groups. There isn't anything built in, but you could use the Theme Builder plugin to create your own theme, and use stuff like {builder-show} to control who sees what menu items. Otherwise, you're looking at a custom plugin that could either hack the <web-item> elements and add some extra permissions checks, or a filter to actually block access to the specific locations.

Hope that helps!

David

Lloyd Kinsella September 8, 2011

Tried to get Theme Builder but the plugin refuses to install and Adaptivist's site doesn't seem to want to play ball at present :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events