User Content Control

Is it possible to configure per-user/group what menu items and `actions` they have available?

We do not allow anonymous access for business reasons, however we do have a readonly user who's only supposed to be able to read the wiki, we do not want them to get to the dashboard or modify the user profile etc which is all currently possible through the Browse/User menus.

I've been looking at Menu Manager plugin but that seems to be applied across the board to all plugins.

Thoughts, suggestions?

2 answers

Yeah, the Menu Manager turns stuff on and off for everyone, not specific users or groups. There isn't anything built in, but you could use the Theme Builder plugin to create your own theme, and use stuff like {builder-show} to control who sees what menu items. Otherwise, you're looking at a custom plugin that could either hack the <web-item> elements and add some extra permissions checks, or a filter to actually block access to the specific locations.

Hope that helps!

David

Tried to get Theme Builder but the plugin refuses to install and Adaptivist's site doesn't seem to want to play ball at present :(

0 votes
David Simpson Community Champion Sep 08, 2011
I believe that Theme builder now needs Adaptavist's Plugin License Manager to be installed first in order to work. (FYI: this should be a comment, but I'm on iOS, so can't due to a bug in Answers)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,572 views 26 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you