Use cases for application links Jira - Confluence

Michael Schlueter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

I created an application link between Jira and Confluence and also linked a Jira project with a Confluence space. The documentation in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ds/Integrating+JIRA+and+Confluence claims that adding [Test Page] in a Jira issue will create a link to the Confluence page "Test Page" in the linked space. However, this doesn't seem to work. The link turns red points to nowhere. So I wonder what is the right syntax for this kind of link and what else could be the benefit of linking a Jira project and the Confluence space.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Burns
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

I am not sure if this is a function of an application link, but in a JIRA issue, you can add a link that points to a confluence page, in the same way you create in Issue Link. I use this when there is an issue in JIRA which represents a task to complete or update documentation. I point the link to the page that should be updated.

I see what you are referring to on the confluence page under the heading "Applinks Plugin", but I have never used that feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events