Use IP-Allowlist to filter Confluence Cloud Anonymous traffic?

Sjoquist_ Carl May 20, 2022

I happened to notice this [CLOUD-2636] Allow customers to configure IP allowlist and wondered if it could possibly be a way for our Cloud Confluence to control anonymous access.   This would be important to us to allow our users without Confluence licenses to access content,  similar to how anonymous access to on-prem Confluence systems (behind firewall) work.  Also thinking we could potentially use our Okta implementation as the app that gets whitelisted?

thanks for any pointers!

Carl    

2 answers

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

@Sjoquist_ Carl , the announcement regarding this allow list feature was made in the below thread. You can post your question there and may be they will have some inputs for you. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

Hi @Sjoquist_ Carl ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

IP allow list provides access to confluence over secured network by allowing only secured traffic and whitelist the ips. I don't think you can use this for anonymous users. Anonymous basically means you are not authenticating to confluence at all and the page is available for any one on the internet. If the concern is regarding allowing non licensed users then the other option is by configuring the users in jira . Refer the below URL for more info.

I hope the above info helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events