Usage smartlinks

Kris Nobels
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

Hello,

I have 1 page created at space A.

Know the content or whole page i need to have this at other space.

What i did is: I created 1 smart link in space B and make the reference to the page in SPACE A

But for me it's stange that we need to login each time we go to the page.

Is this normal behavior or is this the wrong way?

4 answers

1 vote
Benjamin Jurg July 3, 2024

Thanks for the additional information @Kris Nobels it's fully clear now. I would indeed tend to use the excerpt and include excerpt macro combination. Not aware of a better solution to be honest.

0 votes
Kris Nobels
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

Ok like I said there are Spaces created. (with the same base url)

When you go to 1 space → there is a content overview on the left linked to that space.

For me this is a base structure of topics.

Now i would like to add 1 page that has the same content from other page located in other space.

What i can do is create 1 page → and use the extract feature.

But it's the complete page i need to share.

When you go page you have + icon to add (4 options, page, whitepage, database and smartlink)

I see that the purpose is different what my intentions are.

How do you add page and use it over 2 spaces?

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2024

@Kris Nobels Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are space A and space B in the same instance of Confluence (same base URL)? 

How did you create the link?

When you insert the link and then, while still in edit mode, click in the link to show the toolbar and select the open link in another tab icon, what happens? Do you need to log on then?

0 votes
Benjamin Jurg July 2, 2024

Hi @Kris Nobels not entirely sure why you use the smart link for this, can't you just use regular links for this? Perhaps I do not yet fully understand what you are doing.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events