Usage Tracking

Gurpartap Sandhu September 14, 2011

Hi

Our team provides a certain service for our entire company. We have a space in confluence that we use as our team wiki. Its the most convient way to get the information to all the employees. I wanted to track the usage of our space and the trends over time. I came across this plugin

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/USGTRK/Confluence+Usage+Tracking+Plugin

It does all we need but...

<colgroup><col width="24"/><col/></colgroup>

This plugin is disabled by default in 3.0 release of Confluence. It has has known

performance problems in large installations. You need to re-enable in order to use

it. For more information please refer to the 3.0 release notes. The plugin is not

available in Confluence Clustered Edition.
A status report on the progress of the performance issues with this plugin is available here.

Is there a good alternative to this plugin? if not, how much of a performance issue is it?
Also can this plugin be enabled on a single space or does it have to be done for all of confluence?

1 answer

2 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2011

There are a few of options available.

1. AppFusions' Google Analytics for Confluence plugin which works with Confluence 3.5 and 4.0 -- there's a live demo here
  2. AppFusions' Webtrends Connector for Confluence
  3. Adaptavist's Statistical Analysis plugin for Confluence 2.10 to 3.0.2

I did a presentation at the last London Atlassian User Group about "Analytics and Confluence" -- here's the slides and a video.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2011

Disclosure: I wrote the first 2 plugins in the list above :)

Rumceisz May 24, 2012

Hi David,

are these plugins proper for measuring the page usage?

One of my project admin user needs to measure which pages are heavily used in his space. (In order to focus on developing the heavily used pages)

Best regards,
Rumi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events