Urgent - Can google forms submission, trigger page creation in Confluence Cloud?

IS Operations
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 15, 2015

I currently have a Google form embedded as an iFrame on a Confluence page. Is there anyway that when the form is submitted, a page is created under a specific space in the Confluence Cloud? Please let me know, as soon as possible as this is very important to our company. Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

Hello there,

No, in Confluence Cloud has some restrictions, so we won't be able to do it.

In Confluence standalone, you would be able to develop an API or a plugin that does that.

Cheers,
WZ

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

Why not? I understand it is a bit of an overkill... but what if we have an Atlassian Connect addon which does render the google form and then, after that form submission, uses REST API to create a page in Confluence Cloud... ? With Atlassian Connect we should be able to do that, right?

IS Operations
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2015

That would be awesome if we could make that work! Please keep me posted with your thoughts.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2015

I am not very familiar with Google forms (we develop some other product to managing forms inside Confluence server, called ConfiForms and have implemented hooks to enable this kind of integrations) But, by quickly looking at the: https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/triggers/installable I can see that there is a way to install some custom hook, which can react on form submit and do some "stuff"... as Confluence cloud has the REST API, and there is a way to create pages in Confluence using this REST API then you can basically glue these things together: google custom triggers and Confluence API to do the work you need :-) Idea about using Atlassian Connect is an overkill here...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events