Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Upon trying to publish changes to a confluence page, I received a pop-up that if I publish I will al

NIJB I'm New Here Apr 06, 2022

Upon trying to publish changes to a confluence page, I received a pop-up that if I publish I will also publish changes by another user. Is there a way to only publish your own changes? 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Apr 06, 2022

@NIJB Welcome to Confluence Cloud!

I recommend you read this support document related to editing and publishing pages to better understand how the editor works and how drafts are managed.

What is pertinent to your question is excepted below.

Editing and unpublished changes

If you want to edit a published page, you can select edit, or just type E to open the editor. As with a draft, autosave retains these changes, and you can get back to them by editing the page again.

Anyone else who edits that page also sees your unpublished changes. If you're concerned about this, add editing restrictions to the page until you're ready to publish those changes.

While a page has unpublished edits, Confluence displays an unpublished changes badge next to the page title, to remind you to publish. This only displays for people who've made unpublished changes, so you needn't worry about the badge distracting your viewers.

We recommend publishing frequentlyeach time you publish, Confluence creates a new version of your page or blog, which not only means that it's easier to track changes over time, but it's also easy to revert back to a previous version if you ever need.

View unpublished changes

Want to know what's changed since a page was last published? Select ••• > View changes.

Delete unpublished changes

If you're working on a page with unpublished changes, and decide you no longer need them, you can discard them by selecting ••• > Revert to last published version.

After giving you a chance to see what was changed, reverting immediately deletes those changes and restores the last published version. Those changes, as they were never published, are gone for good and can't be recovered. 

Unfortunately once you publish, all current edits - from any user - are pushed through on the publish.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

320 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you