Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading multiple files at once in confluence

Rebecca L Lewis March 29, 2018

Users are having issues uploading multiple files at one time in IE and Firefox.  They are not allowed to use Chrome.  Can this be done in IE or Firefox?

6 answers

1 vote
ManuR
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hello Rebecca,

With the behaviour you described, it seems that you are trying to drag and drop attachments to the Attachments macro. This behaviour is currently impacted by a known bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58931

To workaround this, you will need to go to the Attachments menu when clicking on the 3dot button on your page. There, you will be able to drag and drop multiple attachments at once :)

Cheers,
Manu

0 votes
Johannes Schneider May 15, 2020

I can easily upload multitle files directly into a conlfuence page, but not into the thing that is made for it.- the "macro" for creating a file list. 

0 votes
Johannes Schneider May 15, 2020

Any updates on this issue?

0 votes
Zaid Baban October 29, 2018

Any updates on this issue?

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2018

I just tested in Firefox using the insert>files and images on the toolbar, as well as just dropping the attachments from the file system into the editor so your users "should" be able to upload multiple files. I tested on Confluence 6.8 Server and Confluence Cloud.

Please let me know:

• Whether you are seeing this issue on a Server or Cloud instance.
  • if Server, what is the version of Confluence?
  • What are the errors or other issues that the users are seeing when they try to upload multiple attachments?
  • Are any errors logged in <confluence_home_dir>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log which correspond with the failed uploads?
  • Are any errors or related messages of interest in the Inspector in Firefox? (You can launch the Inspector by right clicking the Confluence page and choosing Inspect element or from Tools>Web Developer>Inspector.

I look forward to hearing more about your case.

Rebecca L Lewis March 29, 2018

Thanks so much for your response.

We are use both versions.  However, we are only having this problem in the cloud instance.

User experience is they drag multiple files over and the system acts like it is uploading them all but when done, only shows one.

Ironically, the only browser this seems to work in for us is Edge...which is not commonly used within our user community.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2018

Hi Rebecca,

If you have access to the Cloud instance and Firefox, please test to see if the behavior is still happening. I was about to open a ticket for you on our support portal  when I saw this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 2.40.41 PM.png

If the issue has been going on for days or it is still occurring, just let me know and I will open a ticket for you, or you may open one at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/.

Thanks,

Ann 

0 votes
Anup
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events