Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading a Word Document split by headings

Madi Kelsey February 6, 2023

Previously you were able to upload a formatted Word document by going MORE ACTIONS > ADVANCED DETAILS > IMPORT WORD DOCUMENT. 

From there you could then nominate a 'Root Page' title and select 'Split by Heading'. 

With the way the document was formatted, Confluence would upload all the H1 headings as individual pages under a root/parent page.

(As explained here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-a-word-document-into-confluence-170493136.html)

I no longer have this option, and when 'editing' a page to upload a Word document it simply copies all copy from the Word document including separate headings as one long body of text.

How do I upload it the old way?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2023

@Madi Kelsey this behavior recently changed across all editors. You can read about it here. Not a very popular change as you will see, but there are no work arounds either.

Sorry I could not help more.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2023

@Madi Kelsey if my answer helped you, kindly mark it as accepted so others looking for similar issues can find it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events