Uploaded file does not appear in Confluence

Hector_Wong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2018

I added the Attachments macro to a page. I uploaded a MS-Word document (204kb), but it does not appear in the Attachments macro table. But I see the document in my Activities feed. 

I also tried to upload other documents, but they do not appear in the Attachments table or my activity feed. In all my attempts, I've tried both drag and drop and browsing for the files. I did not have issues a few months ago in late April (I use Confluence inconsistently).

The behavior for uploading files seems to be inconsistent. 

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2018

Hi Hector,

Based on the attachments being uploaded with no error, then failing to appear in the attachments macro and activity feed, I suspect your instance needs to be reindexed. 

Confluence server admins can reindex their self-hosted instances but since you tagged your question Confluence Cloud I opened a support request on your behalf to request the reindex.

You should see a message from our portal shortly, asking for your Cloud URL.

Thanks,

Ann

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2018

Hector,

You might not have permission to attach documents in the space.

Please check on your permissions.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html

Victor

Hector_Wong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2018

Hi Victor, 

I checked my Space permissions, and have confirmed that I do have permission to add/delete attachments. I also have access granted to the all of the other Space functions as well (e.g. Pages, Blog, etc.). 

Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events