Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Zoom Videos onto a Confluence Page

Kaitlyn Hogan April 15, 2020

Hello,

I used to be able to upload recordings of zoom meetings in a confluence page and show them as links. I had a number of recordings posted as links so that when you clicked on them, the video would immediate load and you could watch the recording.

Now, all those links only show my latest video, so I have lost my old content. In addition, I cannot post any new zoom videos without it converting all of the other videos to the same video.

I have looked at this with my IT department and they think it's a bug in confluence. I think this started to become an issue in early March. I'm wondering if there is 1) any way to retrieve my old content that used to be linked to these pages and 2) how can I post zoom recordings going forward.

Thank you,

Kait

2 answers

0 votes
Nathan Waters - AppsPlus October 16, 2020

Hi Kaitlyn

I recently built a Confluence macro which auto-embeds pasted Zoom recording links. It also allows your team to centralize all of their recordings into one place.

Check it out: Zoom Recordings+ for Confluence

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thank you so much for reporting this.

Can you tell me if you're encountering these issues in the legacy Confluence editor, or the new editor? The behavior you're describing might have changed with the new editor, but that wouldn't explain why your past pages weren't working anymore. You would have specifically had to convert them to use the new editor. You can tell if your old pages are using the new editor because the Publish button will be in the top-right hand corner as opposed to the bottom of the page.

Secondly, do the Zoom videos that you're uploading have a unique name compared to any other videos on the page? If a new video is replacing older videos, then it's probably being added with the same file name as an existing attachment. Confluence will see this as a new version, rather than a separate video. This behavior would have existed in the previous editor, however.

I would love to know more about your workflow in adding the Zoom videos to the page. Could you walk me through it and let me know how you're attaching the videos, if they all have a unique name, and which editor you're encountering the issue on?

I continue to attempt to assist you here, but we may need to take a closer look at this. In that case, I'd advise you to have your Confluence Site Admin to raise a ticket with the Cloud Support team. That will allow us to access the site and determine what the issue might be and why you would have lost your old content.

Thank you again!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events