Upload File on Confluence

Vipin Gupta August 25, 2020

Dear Technical Support,

I am trying to upload the file into my directory and it is uploaded successfully.

But the issue is that while re-upload the same file it didn't create the version of the file nor rename the file which results in it replaces the old file without prompting to overwrite it.

Advise that it can create the version of the same file that might be last up to 10 versions and then archive them with the specific period of expiry of archive files.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2020

Hello @Vipin Gupta 

As I understand, you need Confluence to create new attachment version and also be possible to archive older versions based on uploaded date.

I tried to replicate this behavior but was unable to. I uploaded a file and then, on the same page, uploaded a new attachment that has the same name.

Once the new attachment was uploaded, a new version for the attachment was created. Here is what it looked like:

Original File

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 15.10.53.png

Original file in attachment listScreen Shot 2020-08-26 at 15.11.06.png

New file version

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 15.13.38.png

New file version in attachment list

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 15.13.53.png

With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. Are you unable to create attachment versions with all types of files?
  2. Is this happening in all pages where attachments are present?
  3. Is there any error when you try to upload new attachments?

Currently, archiving attachments is not possible in Confluence. What you can archive in Confluence are Spaces and Pages:

The ability to archive and create an expiration date for attachments has been suggested some time ago:

Let us hear from you!

Vipin Gupta August 27, 2020

Hello @Diego 

• Are you unable to create attachment versions with all types of files?
  • If I go to see the attachment details then only it shows the versions of files, but If I created the page-table and then trying to add an attachment within the specific column and then trying to re-upload the file it replaces all files available with the same name within that page-table.
  • Is this happening in all pages where attachments are present?
  • Yes
  • Is there any error when you try to upload new attachments?
  • No

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events