Upgrading to 7.3 corrupted installer?

Jeff Bast April 7, 2020

root> sudo ./atlassian-confluence-7.3.4-x64.bin
WARNING: Please make sure fontconfig is installed in your Linux distribution for Confluence installation.
Visit KB article for more information. https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/JP06OQ

gzip: sfx_archive.tar.gz: not in gzip format

I am sorry, but the installer file seems to be corrupted.
If you downloaded that file please try it again. If you
transfer that file with ftp please make sure that you are
using binary mode.

I downloaded again, same issue

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2020

Hello @Jeff Bast! As I understand, you are trying to upgrade an older version of Confluence to Confluence Server version 7.3.4.
Looking at your error, I see that we have a known documentation that deals with this issue.

What is probably happening is that your Linux system does not have fontconfig installed.
Here is some background on this behaviour:

AdoptOpenJDK does not include a font configuration package, which Confluence relies on. Our installer has a script which will attempt to install the required font configuration package in the most common Linux distributions, however if your Linux distribution is not covered by our script, and does not include a suitable font configuration package, you will need to install one manually. 

You can check how to deal with this issue here:

Also be sure to follow the installation guide provided by Atlassian. You can check it here:

A note about upgrading:

It is always a good idea do backup your database before trying an upgrade. If possible, try the upgrade procedure on a test instance that mimics your production instance.

I hope this helps!

ping September 6, 2021

@Diego I am having the same issue but I am upgrading to 7.4.11 and I have already had font config installed Please advice. 

Thank you!

James Mack September 22, 2021

Same issue myself... very frustrated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events