Upgrading form confluence 3.0.2 to 4.3.7

asam khan February 4, 2013

I need to upgrading confluenceform 3.0.2 to 4.3.7, we are migrating oracle 10 g to 11 g.

Any one with similar experince? what can be the easiest and less painful procedure?

Thanks

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2013

Read the release notes for every intermediate version very carefully.

Do the migrations in steps - i.e. plan the move from Oracle 10g to 11g separately from the upgrade

Make sure your upgrade path for Confluence is 3.0.2 -> 3.5 -> 4.3.7 (you must got through 3.5)

You can, of course, do the database change at the same time as an upgrade, but it's better to change one thing at a time. If you do both at the same time, and something goes wrong, it won't be so easy to roll back of identify the error. Even if you plan to do the whole lot in one single run, it's still worth ring-fencing it into three distinct parts, at the very least for the testing before you upgrade live.

1 vote
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Hello Sam,

Just in addition to the previous answer, to build a test environment to perform the upgrade in a first moment before apply in production environment, you can follow these steps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF30/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events