Upgrading form confluence 3.0.2 to 4.3.7

I need to upgrading confluenceform 3.0.2 to 4.3.7, we are migrating oracle 10 g to 11 g.

Any one with similar experince? what can be the easiest and less painful procedure?

Thanks

2 answers

3 votes

Read the release notes for every intermediate version very carefully.

Do the migrations in steps - i.e. plan the move from Oracle 10g to 11g separately from the upgrade

Make sure your upgrade path for Confluence is 3.0.2 -> 3.5 -> 4.3.7 (you must got through 3.5)

You can, of course, do the database change at the same time as an upgrade, but it's better to change one thing at a time. If you do both at the same time, and something goes wrong, it won't be so easy to roll back of identify the error. Even if you plan to do the whole lot in one single run, it's still worth ring-fencing it into three distinct parts, at the very least for the testing before you upgrade live.

Hello Sam,

Just in addition to the previous answer, to build a test environment to perform the upgrade in a first moment before apply in production environment, you can follow these steps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF30/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

274 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you