Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded confluence from ear/war to confluence standalone. Just wonder if this possible there is any road block?

Jaime Romaguera August 7, 2011

Hi,

Wondering if it possible to upgraded confluence from ear/war to standalone, is this possible any road blocks or gothca I should watch for?

Thanks

J

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2011

Not within Confluence - the code for the two of them is essentially the same. You can (almost) think of standalone as being "EAR/WAR installed in a Tomcat and hooked up to a database for you so you don't have to do it yourself"

You may hit some problems if you're changing the database and/or application server, but those will be environmental things, not directly Confluence itself.

0 votes
Hao Doan January 27, 2016

This is going from EAR/WAR Confluence 5.5.3 to Standalone Confluence 5.9.4. The upgrade must be manually done. This is on a CentOS 7. These are my steps and this worked for me. I'm not responsible for yours. I hope this help who are looking for details how to upgrade. 

****ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE UPGRADING******

Database Check

• Make sure your database Collation set to COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS
  • It should if you're already on version 5.5 or higher. If not, you need to fix that before going any further, see the link below from Atlassian.
  • Change database read committed snapshot.
ALTER DATABASE <databasename>
SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;

For more info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-sql-server-9258.html

Install & Upgrade Confluence 5.9.4 

1. Stop current Confluence
  2. Download the standalone version
  3. FTP to the server
  4. Untar the file.

tar -zxvf atlassian-confluence-5.9.4.tar.gz
  5. Rename it to confluence594, and move it /opt/atlassian/ 
  6. Edit server.xml file (/opt/atlassian/confluence594/conf/server.xml)
    1. change the ports to the your current ports. These are my tomcat ports I've setup on the old version, and I want to keep it the same. You could also keep the default ports number.

Envir.
      HTTP Port
      Shutdown Port
      AJP Port
      Redirect Port
      TEST8082801280168544
    2. Add the following under Context Path. Change the name to yours.

TEST: <Context path="/confluence" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

6.  Edit the setenv.sh file (/opt/atlassian/confluence594/bin), Add export JAVA_HOME=/opt/java8 at the end of the line.

NOTE: Make sure you have JDK Java 8 installed and a symbolic link of java8

7.  Copy crow.properties, osuser.xml, confluence.init.propertiesseraph-config.xml??? and jtds driver from the current Confluence and paste it in the new Confluence. The files are in LIB folder for driver & classes folder for all the xml & properties.

NOTE: I'm also using crowd as my authentication. Copy the files you need for other authentication, see the link at the end from Atlassian.

8. Start the new Confluence sudo /opt/atlassian/confluence594/bin/startup.sh. It should take awhile to upgrade. 

9. To stop Confluence sudo /opt/atlassian/confluence594/bin/shutdown.sh

For more info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-manually-255363437.html

Good Luck! I hope this help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events