Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 7.2 to 8.1

Billy Teets March 20, 2023

After upgrade web page is up on server only not accessible from external site. I have check server.xml and wondering why anything would have change to prevent the site from being up on https://confluence.Contoso.com?
should I be looking at other config files the would prevent a external webpage from being available?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

@Billy Teets Welcome to the Atlassian community

What server OS is Confluence running on?  Are you sure that the server.xml configuration matches?  Are you able to bring the instance up on an IP or localhost to confirm it is running?

Billy Teets March 20, 2023

comes up using localhost:8090 just takes a few minutes. Running on server 2019

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@Billy Teets Did you review your IIS settings and make sure that it is pointing to the proper location?   Did you look and compare to server.xml?

Billy Teets March 21, 2023

All good it was server.xml. I didn’t realize more than one server.xml file existed.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

@Billy Teets great glad you got it resolved.  That is usually the culprit when the customizations do not get put back in place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events