Updating Jira links when using Copy Product Data

Chris MacLean June 13, 2024

Hi,

I'm planning to consolidate a number of Jira and Confluence cloud instances into a single one using the Copy Product Data tool.   I'm wondering when I do this is there a particular way or order of operations that will update Jira links in Confluence and vice-versa, or will they all break and need to be manually update?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2024

Hi @Chris MacLean 

I have tested the copy product data on my test site for both products, Confluence and Jira to simulate a migration of two projects from one site and one space from Confluence.

The results:

Links for Jira issues added to the Confluence pages seem to have successfully changed the link for the new site.

For example: siteA.atlassian.net/browse/issue-123 (source), got updated successfully to siteB.atlassian.net/browse/issue-123 in the page. The link wasn't working until the projects were migrated by the copy data tool, but once it finished, it worked without any issues when clicking on the link as well.

So far, it seems to be working as expected! :D

If this didn't work at first, I'd try the Jira repair tool in the Confluence Settings to see if it would fix any issues too.

For the Jira macro (not the legacy one), it seems it doesn't automatically do this change and it is necessary to edit the macro and update the site from where the JQL or project you have previously set, otherwise it will display the jira issues from the site it was configured previously.

But for links added to the page with the Jira link, not the macro, it works without any issues and doesn't need to be manually updated.

If you decided to migrate already using the tool and had any issues, or are still planning to migrate and when you do see any issues with those links, please feel free to open a support ticket with us to see any alternatives to help you with that, for any unexpected behaviors.

Cheers,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events