Update a template: use current owner and current date as macros

Alexey _knari_ Gerasimovich June 23, 2022

Hi! We like the integrated template for meeting notes, but we would like to tweak it a bit for our needs. When I create my own template I have no idea how to do the following:

1. Create a new document name based on the current date. Let's say I want all new docs created from this particular template having a name like '2022-06-23 - MFU'. And the date should be added automatically as the current date (when the doc is being created)
  2. I want to add the same date as one of the predefined parts of the document, like 'The Meeting Date: <date>"
  3. Also, I would like to add another part — add the doc creator as the first participant.

Are there any ways to use some macros in the template editor to have such a result?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Alexey _knari_ Gerasimovich 

Since you are on confluence cloud, the possibilities are very limited. 

There is a diffenence between "Templates" and "Blueprints". 

What you need, is only available for blueprints, like prepopulate the date or creator informations

So you can edit an existing blueprint, but can't create an own. 

Regards, Dominic

Alexey _knari_ Gerasimovich June 24, 2022

Thank you, Dominic!

I see that options are really limited. But is there any way to create my own blueprint from scratch? As I don't think that editing any existing blueprint is a good idea. Perhaps, I can just create my own based on them. As now I see how to edit them, but no options to copy and then edit.

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2022

On confluence cloud, nope, you can't do that.

Only possibility is to create a confluence cloud app.

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events