Update a notification using mywork REST API

VS
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2021

Hi!

I'm currently working on a small notification system within Jira using the REST informations in Confluence. I need to get the notification and edit them without any sort of confluence authentification so I can only use the rest endpoints that support a bypass.

The fetching is working great however I can't get the updating working. I'm using the Notifications and Tasks REST API.

• GET: /rest/mywork/latest/notification?os_authType=all&bypass=myUsername
  • POST: /rest/mywork/latest/notification?os_authType=all&bypass=myUsername

I don't feel the need to share some code because even a request in Postman isn't working. Using a POST only  create a notification even though the documentation mention it creates and update.

Ultimately I want to change the read value from false to true but it only creates a new notification instead of updating.

I've tried to send the whole notification with the read value changed in the body but it still creates a new one.

Hopefully someone can help me, thanks a lot! Have a great day

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

@VS Were you able to find a resolution to the issue?  If so can you please share what it was.

VS
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2021

No, I ended up making my own rest API on Confluence with Scriptrunner to transfert notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events