Update Excel File on Confluence and have all charts automatically update

a_mack September 17, 2019

I have a master Excel file that contains a number of charts. Every month this file is updated with new data and saved into our company OneDrive with the same filename.

I would like to be able to:

1. Embed graphs from this SINGLE Excel file on MULTIPLE DIFFERENT pages in Confluence.

2. Update the Excel file with new data and save it with the same name in the same location on the OneDrive.

3. Have all of the graphs across the multiple Excel pages update. 

Questions:

1. Is there a way to do this directly?

2. Do I need to write a macro that exports all the graphs and images and then have Confluence read in the images?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

There are some different approaches to do this:

1. Attach this Excel file to a page. Then use Office Excel macro to output sheets on Confluence pages. After you edit / upload a new version of the file, Office Excel macro will show updated sheets.
  2. Store and edit tables directly in Confluence pages. Then use Table Filter and Charts app to perform aggregations and calculations and build charts directly in confluence. Then you can include charts on different pages using Page Include / Excerpt Include / Table Excerpt Include macros.
  3. Combine approaches #1 and #2: use Office Excel macro as a source for Chart from Table macro.
a_mack September 25, 2019

Thanks @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_  for taking the time to respond. 

I do not see how either of these approaches solve our problem. Both approaches seem to require one Excel file per page. I edited the question to make this distinction more obvious. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

No, they require a single Excel file on one of those pages, other pages will use the same Excel file. The idea is that this one file can be reused with the help of one of these macros:  Office Excel / Page Include / Excerpt Include / Table Excerpt Include.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events