Update Confluence Based Upon Database

Katie Schneider July 14, 2021

Our data team is just starting to use Confluence cloud and they have lots of processes that change and differ from client to client. They have asked if there is a way to update Confluence based upon changes to or addition of new processes they document in a database so that they can make sure Confluence is always up to date.

Essentially connecting a database to Confluence to automatically update the documentation when a change happens in the database. I looked out in the Marketplace but I didn't see any thing for cloud specifically. 

Can someone please let me know if this is possible?

• I am the administrator of Confluence
  • We use Confluence Cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Katie Schneider,

I'm not 100% sure what data from your databases you want to put into your Confluence pages, but there are apps on the Marketplace that can do this. In fact, our app PocketQuery is designed specifically for this use case. I hope this picture puts it well:

The only difference to what you said is that the content will be fetched every time you view the page, but is not actually stored inside the page. But you still get the same effect of your docs / data always being up to date. :)

If you have any questions let me know!

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events