Unwanted link to Space home page in Top Menu

Deleted user May 6, 2021

Hi, 

we're currently moving our product documentation to a publicly available confluence page:

https://syncier-marketplace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GSG/overview

It's still in progress - but there is a page linked between the "Site Logo" and "home" which permanently links to the overview page. It seems to be the "start page" of the space.

My Problems with this link:

• It's redundant
  • If you click on it there is no sidebar and therefore no page-structure
  • As it's the first link in the Top Nav Bar People will click on it and might be lost as the sidebar is missing
  • The name of this link stays the same even when I rename the space
  • The link is always shown, even if I navigate to another space
  • The links stays if I rename the page to which it's linking
  • When I change the start page of the space the page tree on the left only shows child pages of this new start page

I could not find any way to remove this. I can't delete the overview page either.

If there was a way to have the sidebar after clicking on the link the issue would be resolved as well.

Even the Confluence Documentation doesn't show anything between the Logo and the Home button:

Thanks a lot

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi, @[deleted] !

Are you talking about button from my screen? 

With that hyperlink?

Getting_Started_-_Marketplace_Documentation_-_Syncier_Marketplace_Documentation.png

Do you have any external apps?

Deleted user May 6, 2021

No external apps. It seems to be related to the ?mode=global at the end of the URL. 
This mode hides the sidebar. It's not possible to remove it automatically :(

There is a ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-59247 

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Yes, it is, I voted for it.

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders