Unwanted collapse of sidebar in Confluence

Rumceisz September 28, 2017

Hi Everyone,

we have a space in Confluence and when we navigate down in a folder (3rd depth in the page tree hierarchy) the sidebar on the left collapses. Is it possible to leave the sidebar always open and highlight the page where we are?

The other issue is that the page where we are right now is not highlighted in black and still can be clicked so it's a hyperlink.

Could you please help?

Confluence version: 5.10.2

Theme: Global Look and Feel  (no customizations)

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Rumi,

Is the actual sidebar collapsing, or just the part of the page tree where your 3rd level page is? 

Can you let me know what you mean when you say it is not highlighted in black?

Do you have any screenshots of these issues?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Rumceisz October 4, 2017

Hi Shannon,

when I select the page on the 3rd level the sidebar collapses. Then I expand the sidebar and search for the actual page name in the sidebar. And I realize that the page name is not selected in the sidebar (I mean the actual opened page is always black and cannot be clicked on in sidebar).

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2017

Hello,

I just set up a copy of 5.10.2 on my workstation, and I created a page in Confluence, and then a level 2 page, and a level 3 page.

I click on the level 2 page to expand, then select the third level page, but am still not able to replicate:

Can you tell me if I'm doing anything differently from what you're doing? 

Also, does this occur in all browsers or only specific ones?

One more thing you can test is to go to Developer Tools > Network and see maybe if there is anything that comes up when the sidebar automatically collapses.

One thing you'll want to be aware of, 5.10.* is going to be End of Life on the 8th of June, and will no longer be maintained, so you may want to consider upgrading.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events