Unrestricted pages requiring login on iOS?

Alexandra Mitchell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2018

Recently, trying to open an unrestricted page on an iOS device (iPhone or iPad) results in a request to login. The URL is being redirected to a restricted URL. However, the same URL loaded in MacOS or Windows opens without requiring a login.

Tested on iOS 10 and 11. Mobile Safari and Mobile Chrome.

Failing with all links, but here is an example:

https://cachetur.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EN/pages/15794277/Editing+in+the+waypoint+list

1 answer

0 votes
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2018

Hello Alexandra,

Sorry to hear that your users are not able to access the Public Confluence pages in mobile. From the description provided, it seems like you are currently being affected by a new bug in our Application that has been recently reported to our Development team, which you can refer to the link below :

Currently, the only possible workaround is to use Use the Desktop site option on the mobile browser. We are aware that this is not an ideal workaround, but sadly we do not have another option until a fix has been deployed for the bug. 

We can see that the status of the bug is shown as In Progress, which means one of our developers are actively working on a fix for bug and we expect the bug to be resolved soon.

We would like to suggest you add yourself as a watcher on the bug ticket to receive an email notification once a fix has been implemented and released to all Cloud instances. We have also added an internal comment linking this ticket on to the bug report, for our developers to refer if necessary.

For additional information on Atlassian's bug fix policy, Kindly visit the link below if you need further clarification.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you due to this bug in our Product. Please let us know if there is anything else we could possibly help you with, we will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regard
Suren Raj

sdombrovsky
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2018

The issue is resolved, however, it's not tested and not marked for any release version. Our users use iOS devices and we use Confluence for storing release notes for each release and beta build. We have beta build every week and every week we have our users confused by this behavior. Is there any ETA for this issue? Can it be prioritized? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events