'Undo' often doesn't work.

Jiebyoung Park February 5, 2021

When editing confluence page. 'Undo' often doesn't work. It makes me really confused.

Do you have similar experience? if you have any workaround for this, please let me know.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

Hello there @Jiebyoung Park !

The undo function (CMD+Z on macOS and CTRL+Z on Windows) has two open but ruled out requests that tackled similar situations:

Since this feature (undo-redo) is not part of the native suite of features of Confluence, we have an open report that is currently being considered:

Include an 'undo' and 'redo' option in the new editor 

With this in mind, please allow me to ask you a few questions:

1. How are you performing the undo action?
  2. What system are you currently using?
  3. What is the browser being used?

Let us hear from you!

Jiebyoung Park February 9, 2021

Hello @Diego 

Thanks for your kind reply.

The answer about your question are as follows.

1. I did Ctrl + Z

2. Windows 10

3. Chrome

I really hope this problem could be solved.

Thanks!!

Derek White February 7, 2022

I pasted in some text copied from an HTML page, forgetting to paste as plain text. This went into a table cell. The pasted data had a table. Confluence doesn't support nested tables, so this broke my current table into 2 tables and inserted a new table between them - there was also additional pasted content in the original cell. After using Undo (Windows, Ctrl+Z), the pasted data did not go away, the table did not restore itself. I repeated Undo numerous times, until it ran out of things to undo, and my table is still messed up. And, the majority of the pasted data is still there!

Absolutely horrendous that there is no way to revert to a previously saved draft, as I have been editing this page for the last several hours. The extremely rare occasion where simultaneous editing is helpful does not out-weigh the extreme loss of functionality that came with it.

Terrible experience. Any time I do anything more than simple text or lists, Confluence exposes its many rough edges.

Derek White March 23, 2022

Happened again. Another table irrevocably destroyed because paste+undo doesn't work.

Jiebyoung Park March 23, 2022

@Derek White 

Yes, this problem is still happening. the only thing I can do is quite often publishing and reverting to the latest release when this already occurs. (to minimize the damage)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events