Undo a denied access request

Tair Bilyalov July 3, 2020

I have denied an access request by mistake . Now I cannot find a way to undo it and give the user access. Is there a way to do it?

2 answers

0 votes
Tair Bilyalov July 6, 2020

It is possible to directly invite that person using Invite users button in the user management. To do that you need to know the email of the user you are trying to invite. 

I guess if you denied a request by mistake and did not remember the email address, then there is no way to undo it. Perhaps this could be a feature request?

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

Hello @Tair Bilyalov !

As I understand, an accident happened and an Access Request was denied. Currently, there is no method to undo a denied request.

Here is what we can do:

• Tell the user to create a new Access Request
  • Manually go into the page restrictions and add the user who sent the request previously

You can check more details about Restrictions here:

Let me hear from you!

Tair Bilyalov July 6, 2020

Thank you @Diego ,

unfortunately both you suggestions are invalid. 

* It is not possible for a denied user to create another Access Request - it specifically says so in the user management console. 

* It is not possible to add page permissions to a user by email - the user needs to be already registered and have access to the confluence product

See my answer below for the best possible work-around, even tho it does not solve my problem, because I do not remember the email of the user whose request I have denied

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events