It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Understanding how to update existing content

I am learning about how to use Confluence for internal and external documentation. I understand you can create new pages and go through a review process but how do you update existing content and go through a review process and high that process until you are ready to publish?

2 answers

Hi @Lisa Scheuplein 

The base Confluence set-up is allow everyone to make and publish changes (as long as they have the permissions for the page).

If you want to set up workflows with an approval process, you'll need to use an extra app. Check out this page for more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/confluence-evaluator-resources/confluence-workflows-approval

If the Confluence you are using already has a review process, you might already have one of these apps.

Hey @Lisa Scheuplein

@Laura Campbell _Elements_ article is spot on. That will get you the answers you need.

Additionally, I got to work with a bunch of tech writers in making a guide about creating documentation in Confluence. It does have some app recommendations, including some of our own, but the guide is generally helpful for any team: https://www.k15t.com/rock-the-docs

Hope it's useful for your team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

2,117 views 4 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you