Undefined page links with template

hattabatatta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2019

Hey all!

Me and my team using confluence for Game Development. Since Confluence is also like a "wiki" software, we also store the Lore of the game in it.

Some pages does have undefined links, since we are in development of writing the Lore into Confluence.
The scenario is:
Someone is writing a page and mentioning a character, a place, or whatever, which is not written down in confluence yet.
So he will use the undefined link function which makes other writers automatically see, that there is no specific content yet.
When the writer clicks the link .. .a new page will be created .. so far so good -> besides of 1 BIG downside

The new page is completly empty 

For this problem, we have at least specific templates for each category (character, place, and so on), but the category is not chosen by this feature.
The macro for this would come in handy, but leave a button on the page, even if there is a specific page already available. Not what we want.
Everytime build the complete page layout again is extremly naggy

Is there any way to make our need possible with the undefined page links option or are there any other macros available for that?

Best regards

2 answers

0 votes
MagaliCouzigou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2021

Hello, 

Same issue here. Has this been solved in any way? 
Clicking on the undefined link creates a blak page... either an option to open the template menu instead or to apply a template to a blank page would be nice. otherwise when the user clicks on the link, they cannot create the new page - instead they have to delete/not save it and create a new one, but any typo in the page nam would leave the aforementioned link still broken... 

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 31, 2019

Would it be possible to just create the page that you want to link to with the correct template and put a placeholder notice at the top? That might be less complicated overall.

hattabatatta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 31, 2019

It would and thats the way we doing it at the moment.
But you can imagine ... doing this with 1 or 2 pages ain´t no problem ... with 100+ pages it starts to getting frustrating.

It would be one step if it would be possible, as I described.

This alternative method requires extra steps because the placeholder have to be written, the page then have to be edited so the placeholder will be erased (which might be forgotten sometimes) and it interrupts the workflow when you write at a page, mentioning something, where is no content available and then you have to interrupt to create the page to link it during your writing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events