Unchecked Task List items after clicking "Edit page"

bartekkacz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2020

Hi,

Are you aware of any bug related to randomly unchecked "Task list" elements in the Atlassian Confluence 7.4.1 (server) version? I'm using those as a checkboxes in my testplan template and noticed that sometimes task list elements are getting unchecked after clicking "Edit page" button. I do not see any root cause of that - checked multiple browsers on different computers and what is more strange - not always the same "checkboxes" are impacted by this random change (the same within a page, but random when comparing multiple testplans).

I verified a storage format source, all task-ids are unique within a page. I didint find also any meaningful topic on the community. 

3 answers

2 votes
Guillaume Champion
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2020

Same here: not systematic but frequent and random. Confluence Server 7.2.0

0 votes
Lei Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2022

Hello,

It looks like you are running into an existing bug:

Please feel free to vote and watch it.

0 votes
Pieter Smith July 25, 2021

I also noticed that this is primarily caused by collaborative editing:

1. Somebody starts to edit the page. Oops that is not what he / she wanted, and clicks close. A collaborative edit draft is then kept in Confluence.
  2. Subsequently someone checks off a task next to their name in view mode.
  3. Later someone updates the page, starting from the previously created draft (which precedes the checkbox), and publishes. That someone is now unwittingly overwriting the previously checked checkbox.

The problem IMHO, is that setting a checkbox in view mode, should do the sane thing from a UX perspective (i.e., check the box on the latest published version of the page, AND check the box in the unpublished draft). This would avoid unsuspecting editors from unintentionally unchecking tasks.

This is a really big problem for our page review flows (that make use of tasks to indicate completion), and meeting / retrospective action point management. Is there any way we can get this prioritized and fixed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events