Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view added Confluence page in MS Teams app

Joachim Jorry De Leon November 18, 2022

We want to collaborate with Confluence within the Teams application. We followed the instructions below, but the page still fails to show information, just blank page. It would flash a message that the permission within Confluence is not enough but we're admin and can definitely see the page within the Confluence site. It's working within the Teams web client without any error though. 

Add an existing Confluence page

If you have multiple Confluence sites, you'll need to choose which site to search for pages from.

1. Select Teams tab in the left panel.

2. Select one of your channels.

3. Click + in the top right.

4. Click Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams app.

5. Select Attach page.

6. Search by title or choose a recently viewed page.

7. You can select Post to the channel about this tab.

8. Select Save.

Is there something we need to add in Teams admin to permit Confluence cloud? It is already configured to be allowed.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joachim Jorry De Leon November 29, 2022

I have figured out the solution for this. Apparently after a login prompt says "Confluence Cloud and Microsoft Teams are now connected", you need to log-in again to that prompt or I think Confluence.

Iain Thomson July 25, 2023

How are you "log-in again" ? I see no option to do this.

Lori Kristofka December 8, 2023

I can't believe this has been a problem for so long, but I figured out how to connect the Confluence page in Teams. I was having the same login prompt issue.  Here are the steps:

When you get the prompt to login to Confluence in Teams, click Login to Confluence:

image (1).png

Next, login to Confluence/Atlassian:

image (2).png

Next is the most important part!  Click the little box with the arrow in the upper right hand corner:

Capture1.PNG

After signing in again, the following window will appear.  Just click the box in the upper right hand corner to close the window.

Capture2.PNG

Then your page should load!

Like Oliver Theinschnack likes this
0 votes
Daffy Geffner February 6, 2023

Has any one found a solution for this ?

Sean Drohan February 14, 2023

There is a failure to see that when adding the Confluence (Con) in Teams via the Con app, it will work for the person that added it but not anyone else - the page\tab will just appear blank when clicked by others.  The reason is that it's not prompting the (other) users for credentials.

You can see this in action via the workaround I utilized.

• Add Con Cloud to a team chan, name it Con1
  • Add a 'Website' to the chan, with a ULR to the Con Space you want, name it Con2
  • Have a User (not you) click Con1 and watch it fail
  • Have them click Con2, it will prompt for creds and work, it will render the page
  • Now have them click Con1 again, it too will now work as the Con2 did the work of authenticating them in Con via Teams.

The funny thing about this, if you use the web version of Teams, the Con1 option would work, its only in the Teams client where it initially fails. 

As noted, I just said the hell with it and used the Website option.

0 votes
Sean Drohan December 21, 2022

There is still something really wrong with this marriage, Teams Client & Confluence page pinning.  

Everything is fine if the page has 'Everyone' permissions but the moment it's restricted, only the author can view it without constant spinning in the Teams client. Edge \ Teams Web client \ works most of the time but with the Teams client, it just fails. 

I have tried to add the kitchen sink for permissions, everything but 'Everyone' but still no luck with the client unless you are the ' Can edit' author of the page.  

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2022

@Joachim Jorry De Leon 

My best suggestion here will be to check with your network team. If you followed all the steps without any luck it could be that the 2 applications are not allowed to talk to each other(I am assuming you are referring to the desktop Teams Application).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Fadoua

Joachim Jorry De Leon November 21, 2022

Hi @Fadoua

It works well with Teams web client version. We can also sign in our accounts within the Teams app so they can talk to each other but will leave a blank page after that. What specifically in Network should be configured? Any idea?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

GM @Joachim Jorry De Leon 

You mean the desktop App is talking with Confluence without issues? Afterwards it shows a blank page where exactly?

From the tab in the Teams Channel. It shows a blank page and a sign out button. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

Sorry @Joachim Jorry De Leon  I know that I am asking too many questions, just to make sure. Are you using the plugin to integrate both applications?

if yes which one?

Hi @Fadoua , you are so helpful, no worries. What plugin are you referring to? 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022
Joachim Jorry De Leon November 25, 2022

@Fadoua not sure about your question but I'm trying to make the Confluence Cloud app to work in Teams. It's worked in the Teams web version but stays blank within the Teams application.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events