Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use search

Rick Elkins June 24, 2019

When I type anything into the search window, one letter of a word - I get a magnifying glass with an 'X' in it. Underneath it says - Something went wrong. Refresh the page, or contact your admin if this keeps happening.

I did refresh the page. I also rebuilt the index. I have stopped and started the service. Nothing has worked and the error remains.

I am running this Confluence instance on a linux machine (Ubuntu Mate).

Thanks for any help you can provide.SearchProblem.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2019

Hello Rick,

Thank you for contacting us! This looks similar to a bug that was fixed in 6.15.2:

• CONFSERVER-57820 Confluence Search return "Something went wrong" after session timed out instead of redirecting user to Login page.

As a workaround, can you try logging out and then back in and then perform the search?

If this works, then it's likely that you ran into this bug. Can you please confirm then that your version is higher than 6.15.2? If not, you will want to upgrade.

Regards,

Shannon

Rick Elkins June 26, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your response. I am using version 6.15.4.

This issue is resolved and this is what resolved it for me ( I did try logging out and back in but the problem persisted.) What fixed it was to restart my system. When my system came back online, I started the service and was able to logon and search 'normally'.

Thanks again for your response. I will accept your answer.

Rick

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2019

Hi Rick,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve it!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events