Unable to use `PlantUML Diagrams for Confluence` with external script (e.g. C4-PlantUML)

Dan Simpson February 1, 2021

My company recently purchased PlantUML Diagrams for Confluence in order to model our software system.

The default PlantUML types work fine, but when I try to `!include` a separate file from another host, I'm unable to preview or insert a PlantUML diagram.

An example of including which I've confirmed is not working and renders fine locally, is from this page's quickstart: https://github.com/plantuml-stdlib/C4-PlantUML#getting-started

!include https://raw.githubusercontent.com/plantuml-stdlib/C4-PlantUML/master/C4_Container.puml

I also have a similar file that I want to import from bitbucket, again the same issue occurs.

1 answer

3 votes
Dan Simpson February 8, 2021

Anything I can do to get this in front of the extension developer?

This is definitely a dealbreaker for me, and my main use-case for using the PlantUML extension.  Even the online version of plantuml does this, so I'm not sure what the issue might be?

Boris Jockov _Stratus Add-ons_ February 12, 2021

Hi Dan,

Could you file a ticket on our official support system please?

Regards.

Update

The issue has been fixed since but we're unable to get in touch with the customer.

Wolfgang Hämmer September 5, 2022

Hi
I have a similar problem - I am unable to include a puml file attached to the same confluence page as a plantuml sequence diagram, in the diagram. Has this been solved? 

1. When the file is on the same page as the sequence diagram the instruction
     !include "^Common.iuml" replaces the whole with the content of Common.iuml
2. When the file is on a separate page 

!include "Additiv-Avaloq: Use Cases^Common.iuml" -> Cannot include "Additiv-Avaloq: Use Cases^Common.iuml"

I would need to include the content of Common.puml in different places in the sequence diagram. The include instruction does not seem to support this - in addition to the issues above.

Thanks.

Regards

w

Boris Jockov _Stratus Add-ons_ September 5, 2022

Hi Wolfgang,

Please file a ticket here with the description of the problem.

Thanks,

Boris.

Arno Hensbergen August 27, 2023

Hi all,

Is the !include feature no longer supported? Has the syntax changed maybe?

I really miss being able to separate my style scripts from my actual content diagrams, so if anyone has a solution, would be highly appreciated!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events