Unable to use Office/PDF macros to display attachments from another page

Laura Rusenstrom April 14, 2021

Hi there, I've run into a problem when using the Office macro (Word, Excel or PPT) or the PDF macro to display file attachments from a different page.

I'm able to use these macros to display files that are attached to the current page. When using them to display files from a different page, the macro will not generate a preview and nothing happens when I click "Save".

I can search and select the correct page in the "Page Name" selector, and see and select the correct file in the "File Name" selector, but that's as far as it will go. There are no error messages or warnings or anything, just complete inactivity when I click "Save" or "Preview".

For more context, I created a parent page and attached a number of files to it. I then created individual child pages to this parent so I could display each file on its own page. In each child page I tried to insert either the Office or PDF macros to display one of the attachments on the parent, with no success.

I'm aware that I could get around this problem by simply attaching each file directly to the page in which I want to display it. The reason for not wanting to do this is that it's time-consuming to individually attach one file at a time each page. It's more efficient to attach a number of files in one go.

Here's a screenshot of the 'Office Powerpoint' macro in use on a newly created child page, showing a PPT attachment from the parent page. Hard to screenshot that nothing happens when I click 'Save', though!

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Laura Rusenstrom 

I tried by myself and indeed, it's not working.

So I looked in the Jira backlog of atlassian and found this bug:

Watch and vote the issue. But do not expect it to be patched in a timely manner... 

Regards, Dominic

Laura Rusenstrom April 16, 2021

Thanks Dominic, I appreciate you spending some time on this one. I guess I should start browsing Jira to see if the issues I encounter already have a bug report. I'll watch, vote, and add a link to this thread in the ticket. And then cross my fingers...

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events