Unable to update confluence plugins, any ideas?

Laert Pires February 22, 2015

Hi, 

I'm running confluence 5.3.4 and UPM 2.18.2, confluence "Manage add-ons" page no longer shows the plugins that needs updating/license expiring. When updating a user installed plugin I get:

" An error was encountered while updating this add on."

Both catalina.out and atlassian-confluence.log show no entries. The only error I see is this:

https://confluence/rest/plugins/1.0/available/com.gliffy.integration.confluence-key/review Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

There's actually no reviews made from my username on the plugin, I then added a review for the plugin and I no longer get the above 404 error msg but the " An error was encountered while updating this add on." is still there with nothing on the logs and I'm unable to update any plugin, any ideas?

Thanks,

Laert

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2015

Check the base url of your confluence instance and make sure it's the same as the url you're pulling the AddOn Manager up in. The Add-on Manager in Confluence is really picky...

Laert Pires February 23, 2015

the url matches the server url

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

Hey Laert,

Can you confirm whether this happens to any plugins you try to update or install?

It's really odd that the logs are not showing any entry for this. My bet is that would be related to corrupted plugin cache. Can you try to clear the plugin cache?

1. Shutdown Confluence
2. Ensure the user running Confluence has full read/write privileges to the confluence-home directory.
3. Remove the following directories
* This will remove the plugin cache files only and will not permanently remove any plugins. These directories will be recreated during the next Confluence startup. However, some third-party plugins may store metadata in these directories, so we recommend creating a temporary backup of the directories.

<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
<confluence-home>/plugins-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
<confluence-home>/plugins-temp
<confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language

4. Start Confluence

I hope that helps!

Eduardo

Thanks Eduardo! I'll give it a go after business hours today. Just confirming that this is for any plugins I try to install via the manage add-ons page.

Laert Pires February 24, 2015

That did not work unfortunately, same result. And now Im having the same issue with my Jira instance.

Laert Pires February 24, 2015

i think this started to happen after I installed UPM 2.18.2

Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2015

Hey Laert, thanks for the update. I saw you're SSL and port 443. May I ask whether you're using any kind of proxy on your instances? Since you mentioned that this is happening to JIRA as well, it seems to be related to network configuration (proxy).

Laert Pires February 25, 2015

Hey, I am, its running behind a reverse apache proxy via ssl. But I had this config for over 4 months, I had updated plugins during this time, after I updated the UPM I noticed this error.

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2015

Can you check your filesystem, maybe it's full?

Not really the case, there's a lot of space left.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events