Unable to type when on copying pages

Sharon Weaver March 2, 2020

My typing function seems to be broken when I try to copy pages.

First, I am unable to type in a new page name. I can delete the title but I cannot type. I can edit fine in other areas and after I save and re-edit I can change title but not on initial copy.

Second, trying to copy a page and move from one space to another, typing does not work in the move interface. The only space that shows is the one I'm in and nothing happens when I type. I was able to move by going into my history and selecting the right space. Then I run into top issue where I can't change title.

I used to be able to do this, broken in last several weeks.

2 answers

0 votes
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2020

Hello @Sharon Weaver -
Welcome to the Community.

Doesn't seem to be a global issue as I just tried doing the same.
Are you using Cloud or On prem ?
If it is on-prem, it might be due to some changes your admin team is doing on back end on that instance.

Steven Dangerfield March 2, 2020

I'm having the same two issues.  Using Cloud.

Sharon Weaver March 3, 2020

I believe I am cloud as well

Deleted user March 11, 2020

I'm having the same issue. Cloud based Confluence hosted by Atlassian. I can delete the title but cannot type any characters. Also the top ribbon seems to be greyed out.

To fix, I'm having to refresh the page. This seems to fix it.

Gerri Mills March 23, 2020

Yep, I also have this issue. Really annoying and time wasting. I have to delete some characters from the title, save then edit to work around this bug

Siddhartha Ghose July 27, 2020

Same issue on CLOUD Atlassian:

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngPlease note that user has been setup as required just moving a copied page from one Confluence Space to another seems to be tripping!

0 votes
The Guv March 2, 2020

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events