Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.l

Kuen Gnee Seah July 6, 2017

Hi,

I having issuse to get the Confluence server up after restart. Below is the message after i did a shutdown and startup follow by start-confluence.

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:mananagedjobs (Start and stop the Managed Scheduled Jobs) - org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not roll back Hibernate transaction; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.TransactionException: Unable to rollback against JDBC Connection

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2017

I found a support case where the same error was reported and it was solved by using a different Oracle driver. You don't mention which database management system you are using but in case it is the same scenario I will share the solution from the support ticket:

"It could be the driver used for Confluence and oracle 12c. Are you using OJDBC 7 Oracle Driver version 12.1.0.1? If yes, let's use the 12.1.0.2 version instead http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/default-2280470.html.
Download the driver, shutdown the app, copy the driver JAR file to the <Confluence installation>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib folder in your new Confluence installation and remove the previous one." (my italics)

Kuen Gnee Seah July 17, 2017

Thank you :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events