It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.l Edited

Hi,

I having issuse to get the Confluence server up after restart. Below is the message after i did a shutdown and startup follow by start-confluence.

Unable to start up Confluence. Fatal error during startup sequence: confluence.lifecycle.core:mananagedjobs (Start and stop the Managed Scheduled Jobs) - org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not roll back Hibernate transaction; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.TransactionException: Unable to rollback against JDBC Connection

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 07, 2017

I found a support case where the same error was reported and it was solved by using a different Oracle driver. You don't mention which database management system you are using but in case it is the same scenario I will share the solution from the support ticket:

"It could be the driver used for Confluence and oracle 12c. Are you using OJDBC 7 Oracle Driver version 12.1.0.1? If yes, let's use the 12.1.0.2 version instead http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/default-2280470.html.
Download the driver, shutdown the app, copy the driver JAR file to the <Confluence installation>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib folder in your new Confluence installation and remove the previous one." (my italics)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

What's New in Confluence Cloud – October 2019 Edition

Hey there! When you can pack so much information onto a Confluence page, it can be challenging to whittle down what’s most important. Here are a few of our favorite hacks for finding need-to-know i...

27,323 views 36 80
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you