Unable to search for pages, that have a private label in Confluence

Dmitry Andrejev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

I've added my:important private label to several pages in Confluence. Then in search field I've tried both labelText:important and labelText:my:important (according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Search+Syntax#ConfluenceSearchSyntax-Searchingforlabels), but got no results.

Same search for a non-private label returned pages, that have given label.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Additonally, as per this comment, the team has decided to remove this feature due to:

With our goal to continue to simplify the product, we removed personal labels due to their extremely low usage and additional complexity they added.

Also, there's a feature request created here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24143 to bring back this functionality and there has been some discussion in the page for your reference.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

This is because Personal labels are deprecated. Earlier versions of Confluence recognised a special type of label called a 'personal' label. A personal label starts with 'my:' and is only visible to the user who created it. We are removing personal labels from Confluence, as announced in the Confluence 4.1 Upgrade Notes. The functionality for personal labels is still in Confluence, but we recommend that you stop using them. In a future release, we plan to remove the functionality altogether.

I hope that explains it. To make 'important' label in pages to be searchable, you'll need to remove 'my' instead.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

Might be related to index. Try to reindex from scratch and see if that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events