Unable to run experiment using Elastic Experiment Executor for Confluence Data Center in AWS

Nurul Zaman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2018

I've been attempting to run experiments using the Elastic Experiment Executor (E3) for Confluence in AWS where I pulled the latest version from this repo.

I'm able to execute the following phases: Provision, Deprovision.

But using the latest version in master (last commit:  65a71fa), I failed to perform the Run phase and eventually Gather and Analyze phases since they are dependent on the Run phase. The error: 

error-related-to-grinder.png

Not sure if this is relevant, but I found another question where the poster attached an error that is similar to the one attached here. Although the code error is different (mine is Errno 61, and the poster is Errno 111), it seems to fail at the same part of the code i.e. the Run script. Note that the poster is using E3 for Bitbucket. 

Among the attempts done to fix/investigate the error:

• Checked in AWS the system and health statuses of the deployed EC2 resources and in particular the stack-worker EC2 instances. They appear to be healthy.
  • The main Readme mostly mentioned customizing Grinder to run the experiment but none on having to customize Grinder to get the console running. But, even orchestrating a simple pre-written experiment failed.
  • The Grinder Readme found in e3/execution mentioned about adding Grinder as a Library. I followed the step and re-orchestrated the experiment with a simple experiment but failed. Even then, this instruction seems to be intended for experimenter who wants to execute the experiment locally.

I'm suspecting there could be an issue on Grinder being misconfigured that's preventing Grinder from being able to execute the load testing. The error seems to imply that the Grinder console failed to be started.

Note that during the duration of working with the E3 framework (before pulling from the latest master), I was able to run all of the stages of experiment without ever running into the attached error and without having to change any Grinder setting. Perhaps, reverting to some older E3 version could help? 

It'd be great to know if others are facing the same challenges or manage to work around it. Thank you in advance!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events