Unable to move pages after creation

Richard Korry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2012

I used to be able to move pages via Drag-N-Drop in the hierarchy view or via Tools->Move menu.

Now Drag-n-drop doesn't work. I have seen the bug report that it was broken and supposedly fixed.

When I attempt to move the page I created I the New space area is greyed out and a yellow triangle with the error message:

You cannot move this page to another space because you do not have permission to remove it from this space.

When I view the restrictions on the there are no restrictions.

This is OnDemand

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

As described on our documentation, there are two different approaches:

You can move a page, along with its child pages, to a different space. Any links to a moved page from the current space will automatically be renamed to point to the page in the new space. To move a page to another space in your Confluence site: Go to the page and choose Tools > Move. Use the tabs on the left to help you find the new space and parent page for your page, that is, the location where you want to move your page. The 'Current location' and 'New location' breadcrumb trails at the bottom of the dialog indicate the current parent page and new parent page. If you want to move a page to a different position amongst the child pages, check Reorder to see a list of sibling pages when you click Move. Click Move. If you are reordering the child pages, click in the list to set the new position for the page and click Reorder. Moving a Page within a Space You can move a page to a different position in the page tree. This allows you to: Move a single page, or a family of pages, to have a different parent within the space. Reorder sibling pages that are children of a common parent. Any links to the page are maintained. When a page that is itself a parent (that is, it has one or more child pages) is moved, the entire hierarchy of child pages of the moved page (including comments and attachments) is maintained. To move a page using the space's 'Tree' view: From any page, choose Browse > Pages. Click Tree. Find the page you want to move. Drag the page up or down the tree. While dragging the page, you see one of the following: A thin line between existing pages — this indicates the potential new position for the page. Release the mouse button when the page is where you want it. A wide highlight over one or more existing pages — this indicates that you can drop the page into a page family. Release the mouse button to add the page to the family. The page will appear either in alphabetical sequence or as the last page in the family, depending on the family's sequential order.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events