Unable to login with admin account

Sam Childs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 27, 2021

Hi

My org has setup SSO to log into Confluence (Cloud) and Jira. Meanwhile, without knowing this fact, I have created a separate confluence instance for my team to use that is separate to the org's Confluence instance.

My problem is that when I try to login using my account, it's trying to use the SSO option with NO way to NOT use SSO.

I am effectively locked out of my instance and need some urgent support! The way for me to fix this is to change the email address associated with my admin account, but I cannot do so as I am unable to login!

Thanks

Sam

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2021

Hello @Sam Childs,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When the owner of a domain verifies/claims the domain and configure SSO, it will be applied to the Atlassian account, so on any Cloud site that you use the email address, you will be redirected to the identity platform to log in.

What error are you facing when you try to log in?

Can you log in to https://start.atlassian.com/ and check if your site is listed there? 

The account you are using here doesn’t show any Cloud site and I found other people with the same name as you and one of them I believe it’s your other account. Is your site cxx-rx.atlassian.net? I won’t post the real name here because community is public, that’s why I added X.

If that’s the case, your site is Standard, so you can create a ticket with our support on support.atlassian.com/contact  and they can add another account as the site administrator for you to have access. You need to create the ticket with the account that owns the site.

If that’s not your site, feel free to share some details here, maybe the domain of your other email, so I can search here.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events