Unable to leave comments on images

Aryon Sunrise Hopkins August 26, 2019

I have used an older version of Confluence for a year (its an older non cloud version) at work and now I am trying out the cloud version for myself.

I just signed up and an am using the 7 week trial.

Unfortunately I am unable to access the "comment on image" feature.
I have both PNG and JPGs embedded in the body of a page and I want to click on them to enlarge and add a comment.

It looks like this with only the magnifying glass. I have hovered over the image and searched for a setting or something different and still nothing.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 5.28.00 AM.png

How can I comment on this image by dragging the comment tool onto the image?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Welcome to the Community Aryon.

Atlassian is in the process of changing the editor that Cloud uses. Currently, that feature is not enabled in the new editor. However, if you have the option to create your page using the old editor (there should be a template for this) you should be able to do it.

Aryon Sunrise Hopkins August 26, 2019

I do not have the option to create a page user the old editor.

There is no template for this.

All I have is a Blank Page template and 26 other templates labeled new.

Can you send a link where I can download and then import one of these templates that use the old editors?

Is there a way to access an older version of Confluence through the cloud (dumb question)? The commenting feature on images is one of the main reasons why I am using Confluence over Invision.

Thanks.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

It's not a template you can download. You might be able to have Atlassian support give you access to the old editor.

Like Aryon Sunrise Hopkins likes this
Brant Nesbitt February 5, 2020

Following up on this, does Atlassian have an ETA of when this will be updated?

We are stuck between two areas:

1. Only the Old Blank Page Template has the old image editor which allows us to provide comments
  2. However, we want to use the Requirements Blue Print so we can assign multiple Jira tickets but this uses the new editor with no ability to comment on an image

Is there anything that one would suggest or that is being overlooked?

Thanks!

Kyle Beach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 2, 2020

Atlassian, can you provide an update on when this functionality will be available in the new editor?  We'd really like the use the new editor, but the missing features are a show stopper.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events